This Healthy Gluten Free Flourless Chocolate Cake is made with just 6 ingredients and is naturally sweetened with honey. I love its rich and fudgy texture, and how it’s made lighter by swapping out some of the oil for nutrient-rich pumpkin puree. (Trust me, you can’t even tell!)
Since this cake doesn’t require flour, so therefore it’s naturally gluten-free. Instead, it uses a simple combination of unsweetened baking chocolate, honey, eggs, coconut oil, and cocoa powder.
Check out the recipe below.
Healthy Flourless Chocolate Cake
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 30 mins
This HEALTHY FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE is naturally-sweetened honey, and has less fat and calories than the traditional version. I love that it's dairy-free, with a rich chocolate flavor.
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (or use more coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3 whole eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF, and grease an 8″ spring-form pan generously with oil.
- Melt the baking chocolate and coconut oil together, stirring until completely smooth. (You can use a double-boiler for this, or the microwave in 30-second intervals.)
- In a large bowl, combine the melted chocolate mixture with the pumpkin puree, cocoa powder, and honey to help it cool down slightly. Then add the eggs and use a whisk to mix until completely smooth.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan, and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake at 375ºF until the center looks firm, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove the sides (this is why I like using the spring-form pan!) and allow to cool completely before serving. I put the cake in the freezer if I want it to serve it in less than an hour, otherwise place it in the fridge to chill until ready to serve. I recommend covering it tightly and storing it for up to a week in the fridge, if you don’t eat it all before then!